Lancashire Theatre NetworkNetwork supporting Lancashire Theatre
LANCASHIRE THEATRE NETWORK: brings people together – inspiring creativity, developing strong partnerships and allowing talent to be nurtured and grow. We have seen first hand the problems facing theatre in the county; reducing arts funding, the drain of talented theatre makers who leave the county for other opportunities and the difficulties in promoting and sustaining work both for theatres and companies. Our aim is to support and engage actors, theatre companies and theatres to form a dynamic network which promotes quality theatre in Lancashire. By supporting each other, competing through collaboration, the outcome will be a stronger, more resilient arts community across the county. JOIN US TODAY! Our goal is to:
- engage with theatre makers to find out what they need to create quality theatre and help facilitate this.
- use the network to promote quality theatre in Lancashire and thus help to develop more sustainable companies.
improve communication between actors, theatre makers, theatre companies and theatres themselves to build a greater network of performance by Lancashire people for Lancashire people.
- create more opportunities for collaboration and partnerships between existing companies – working together.
- to encourage new talent, voices and experiences in an inclusive way, creating theatre for everyone, celebrating diversity.
- inform theatre makers of training and development so that theatre in Lancashire will continue in the future.
The result of developing this community will be; strong robust companies and theatres boosting the local economy; improved employment opportunities for actors and theatre makers able to perform and stay in the area; and engaged and enthralled local audiences living happy, healthy lives.
PLEASE FILL IN OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HELP US DEVELOP A STRONGER LANCASHIRE THEATRE COMMUNITY – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/K2WQY2M
- Creative & Cultural