The beautiful and still transforming space leads onto an 800-acre estate, walled gardens as well as landscaped gardens — where makers, crafts people and freelancers can work along side each other in an environment that nurtures collaboration, creativity and community.
In addition to the studios and co-working space, Wyresdale Park houses a variety of events and exhibition venues in listed barns, undercover storage and a large fabrication space in addition to a growing schedule of events and markets.
Our popular cafe (The Apple Store Cafe) open Wednesday- Sunday 9.30am- 4pm, is located in the shelter of the walled garden and surrounded by tulip trees, magnolias and ginko. The daily menu consists of hearty soups, sandwiches, delicious cakes, scones, salads and full english breakfasts.
Studios are available monthly where desk space is also offered on a daily basis:
– Priced from £100 per month for a 2 x 2 metre space and larger workshop/studio spaces will cost an additional 80 pence per square foot per month.
– Daily rates for desks start from £10 a day for the select number of hot desking areas and will be bookable online.
Resident studio holders will have access to:
• Broadband internet
• A postal address.
• Our 10 x 5 metre coach-house, for large-scale fabrication and temporary projects, bookable for just £20 per day
• Sheltered outdoor storage, for large-scale work and materials, at 40 pence per square foot per month
• Discounted food and drinks at The Applestore Cafe
• Discounted access to 3 different-size venues for workshops, exhibitions, music events, parties or wellness activities
• Kitchen area for hot drinks and food preparation
From April 2018 there may also be opportunities for residents to be involved in our new learning and community-engagement programs and to retail through our onsite shop.
Wyresdale Park sits on the western slopes of the Forest of Bowland, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, with varied habitats and far reaching views, from the tip of Wales across to the Isle of Man and the top of the Cumbrian Fells. The estate sits just on the edge of the charming village of Scorton, with a local shop, pub, restaurant and garden centre. The beautiful and historic city of Lancaster is only 9 miles away and Manchester can be reached in an hour by train. The Lake District is only 20 miles from Wyresdale and has a busy year-round arts program, as well as stunning scenery and beautiful villages.
Fell, forest and lake walks all available from the doorstep. Lake swimming and boating for those who are brave enough.
We have a growing range of affordable accomodation options onsite for those located further afield and interested in extending their stay for some peaceful and invigorating time in the country side.
If you are interested in studio or workshop space please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short statement outlining the nature of your practice and the type of space you require and a link to either your website or portfolio.
- Creative & Cultural
- Services (professional and business)