John Lyons Fine ArtistAs Seen on TV, Teaching Celebs to Draw & Paint the Figure.
John Lyons Fine Artist is a natural “creative” exploring many styles of visual art. John Lyons sketches nowadays with Pen & Ink or Paint, mainly oils or acrylic on canvas. However, John Lyons has been an active artist all of his life:
- Early commissions in the 1980’s, to produce oil paintings – to be given at Works’ Retirements. John was in his 20’s at this time.
- John Lyons learnt his life-drawing skills, exhibited & taught Life Drawing in Oxford during his 30’s.
- He was then an active member (and sponsor) of the Vernon Mill Artists (Stockport) 2002-2010, playing with cement-on-canvas, glass-fusion to sell-out exhibitions (with his friend Jim Collins ), Fine Art Photography and teaching Life Drawing.
- At this time he was on TV teaching the celebrity presenters, Colin McAllister & Justin Ryan, for the Channel 5 show “How Not To Decorate”, teaching them to draw and paint the nude figure. This was first broadcast in 2005 but continues to be re-shown in the UK and around the world e.g. LifestyleTV in Australia.
- During his time at Vernon Mill, John Lyons Fine Artist started (and continues today) to work with female victims/survivors of breast cancer. These women come to John Lyons, feeling their femininity is at risk from the disease. He works with them using fine art photography and classical techniques of life drawing and painting to assure them of their continued natural beauty and femininity, pre and post surgery. This work was featured by BBC Radio who interviewed John Lyons and one of his cancer clients “Lisa” in a long, live interview, through an afternoon womens’-interest programme. John, whose parents both died of cancer, formally supported “Christies Cancer Care” over this time (and continues to do this, informally, now)
- Now in his 50’s, married, settled and living in Wilpshire, Lancashire, he sketches the Figure, Urban Landscapes and Property in pen & ink, taking commissions from businesses and individuals alike. He still enjoys experimenting with new techniques and is open to collaborating with volunteers & organisations. He continues to work with women who feel they are losing their femininity & beauty.
- Looking to the future, John Lyons Fine Artist, is building a studio in which to master the classical oil-painting techniques of portrait and figure, to take him through to old-age…at least that is the plan, so far!
- His last London Exhibition was at The Menier Gallery, in 2013. See HERE for his full exhibition list
John Lyons Fine Artist – Website
- Creative & Cultural
- Services (professional and business)